Schurr HS Values
Schurr High School will graduate:
- Convey information and ideas to others integrating oral, written, listening and research skills.
- Develop effective presentation and communication skills
- Appropriate use of language to express oneself, ask questions and communicate new ideas to each other.
- Comprehend, analyze and interpret information effectively.
- Apply problem-solving and decision-making strategies to curriculum and real life situations.
- Taking initiative to work with others.
- Use effective leadership and group skills to accomplish significant goals and overcome obstacles.
- Contribute and function in various group roles accepting individual and group responsibility.
- Develop original ideas and solutions in response to questions or circumstances.
- take initiative to seek innovative solutions to address local and global issues.
The faculty and supporting staff along with the parents, guardians, and surrounding community dedicate themselves to teaching students to demonstrate a mastery of the California Standards and Schurr High School's Expected Schoolwide Learning Results. We offer and encourage students to participate in a variety of sports, clubs, and after school programs that foster critical thinking and problems solving skills. Schurr High School challenges and inspires students to be productive, contributing citizens within our democratic society and the world community.
Our mission is to provide a high quality California standards-based education with a schoolwide focus on the implementation of our Expected Schoolwide Learning Results in the classroom. We reinforce our vision with a highly qualified faculty, powerful teaching strategies, staff development, high expectations, educational research and the support of the district and governing board.