- Attend school every day except when ill.
- Attend every class on time.
- Provide a doctor’s note for absences that are longer than three days.
Parents; the following information is required when reporting an absence:
Report absences to the attendance line at
(323) 887-3090 Ext. 6610 or 6624
Letty Arellano email@example.com
Maria Maldonado firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Name and ID number
- Date of Absence(s)
- Reason for Absence
- Name of parent/guardian reporting absence
Voicemail available for messages 24/7
Truancy is defined as any absence from school or class without permission. Any of the following will be considered class truancy AND MAY BE CITED BY POLICE:
- Failing to attend class and not having a valid excuse.
- Leaving any class under false pretenses.
- Leaving a class or school grounds without permission.
- Being reported by staff member on campus during an all-day absence.
- 15 or more minutes late to class.
- Loitering on campus during instructional time.
- Unexcused absences are considered Truants and will be dealt with accordingly.
PERMISSION TO LEAVE SCHOOL
Permission to leave during school hours:
Permission to leave school before the close of the instructional day may be obtained from the Attendance Office.
- Only parents, guardians, or people listed on the emergency card can request a permit to leave campus.
- Parents, guardians or persons listed on the emergency card MUST come to the office and present their valid identification card.
- No student will be allowed to walk home without parental consent.
- Phone calls: Phone messages from the parent/guardian will be taken for emergencies only.
- Schurr High School is a closed campus.